Project Leadership Practice Lead
Why clients choose Pivotal Consulting:
We are a technology management consulting firm helping Fortune 500 companies improve their performance – we specialize in making People, Process, and Technology work together! Our clients count on us to deliver excellence and seek our guidance on business and technology strategy, technology modernization, and cloud transformation initiatives. Simply put, by listening to our clients closely and focusing on delivering quality, we bring them peace of mind.
After guiding and helping numerous clients from global enterprises to mid-market firms to non-profit organizations – all of them repeat customers -
we're experiencing breakthrough growth in 2021!
The impact you will have:
As a relationship driven and customer focused professional, you will help us continue providing our clients with the quality of work that they have come to know us by.
Our Project Leadership Practice Lead is responsible for providing clients with guidance in business-technology strategy, program and project management, transformation, change management, business analysis, and process excellence capabilities across the pillars of people, process, and technology. These responsibilities include performing functions to identify and solve complex business, organizational, and operational challenges while defining and improving associated processes. Practice Leads manage and lead engagements - managing client expectations, billing, resource planning and allocation, delivery oversight, and other day to day operational activities. Additionally, Practice Leads play a “pivotal” role in the business development process, working to develop proposals including project estimation, scope of work, success metrics, staffing models, and more.
What you’ll do:
What makes you a good fit:
- Develops, manages, and promotes the Practice area while maintaining billable target
- 75% client focus, 25% Practice area development focus
- Identifies opportunities for growth of the Practice area and sets the direction for that growth
- Provides subject matter expertise in Program, Project, and Portfolio Management
- Facilitates and determines analysis of client's current state by supporting analysis of business processes, business requirements and objectives, reviewing documents, and leading focused workshops
- Drives the development of work products including presentations and reports at both the working and executive levels
- Summarizes insights from analysis and clearly communicating findings in a cohesive story and articulating an argument to be presented to executives
- Develops client-facing materials with Microsoft Office tools
- Develops engagement specific approaches to Training and Organizational Change Management
- Builds relationships with all appropriate stakeholders and key leads in various areas to ensure overall project success
- Leverages personal and collective team subject matter expertise to drive best practice-based solutions
- Will have direct people/career management responsibilities and provide guidance to a team of consultants in support of engagement delivery
- Participates in recruiting process and is responsible for candidate selection for their Practice area
- Supports Account teams with proper information and tools to sell engagements within the Practice area
- Supports the Director of Delivery in managing consulting engagements
- Maintains awareness of industry best practices and business levers for their Practice area
- Defines methods, processes, and standards for Pivotal and promotes a training curriculum for consultants staffed on engagements within their Practice area
- Manages project’s budget to actuals and serves in Project QA role for all engagements projects within their Practice area
- Develops case studies, training materials, authors blogs & articles and represents Pivotal on panels, webinars, speaking engagements, etc. as a Subject Matter Expert in respective Practice area
Why our employees love working here:
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and as a Certified Minority-Owned Business (MBE) and a majority women-led firm, we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both daily.
From providing our employees the time to pursue company-sponsored certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations brought forth by our employees (such as Food Lifeline, PATH, Treehouse, United Way, and the Seattle Humane Society), we are proud to support both our fellow Pivotalites and the causes close to their hearts.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Four Core Values:
- Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in strategy, management consulting, program, and project management,
- Awareness of business drivers and industry best practices within their Practice area
- Strong communication skills – must be able to articulate Practice area features and value to accounts team and clients
- Ability to quickly understand client needs and clearly demonstrate how the Practice area will satisfy these needs
- Exceptional problem-solving skills - an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Ability to operate at an executive level including communications, relationship development, and outcomes
- Aptitude to grasp new concepts and effectively produce results
- Generates ideas for additional service offerings and identifies new potential business opportunities
- Ability to be self-directed and be an independent contributor to the team
- Takes pride in work and creating a polished product
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proven track record of client satisfaction within identified Practice area
- Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated drive to grow and improve the Practice area
- Ability to operate under the pressure of strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build confidence and establish credibility with customers
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
Inclusion & equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Pivotal Consulting are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Be Engaged – We are present, committed, and accountable to our clients and to each other
- Consistently Deliver – We are dedicated and reliable by consistently delivering excellence
- Always Better – We continuously evolve and are inspired to drive beyond the everyday norm
- Do Happy – Be passionate and bring fun and creativity into everything you do