Business Systems Analyst – SQL Server/Systems Integration
Seattle, WA - (Contract/Remote)
Why clients choose Pivotal Consulting:
We are a technology management consulting firm helping Fortune 500 companies improve their performance – we specialize in making People, Process, and Technology work together! Our clients count on us to deliver excellence and seek our guidance on business and technology strategy, technology modernization, and cloud transformation initiatives. Simply put, by listening to our clients closely and focusing on delivering quality, we bring them peace of mind.
After guiding and helping numerous clients from global enterprises to mid-market firms to non-profit organizations – all of them repeat customers – we are starting 2021 with breakthrough growth!
The impact you will have:
As a relationship driven and customer focused professional, you will help us continue providing our clients with the quality of work that they have come to know us by.
Our Global Health Nonprofit Client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst – SQL Server/Systems Integration
to assist in the execution of the Human Resource department Data Systems Improvement initiative. You’ll be responsible for identifying and documenting our client’s existing HR integrations. This role collaborates closely with the Internal Project BSA, the IT technical team, and with business SMEs/stakeholders to implement quality HR systems that deliver business value.
What you will do:
What makes you a good fit:
- Partner with the Internal Project BSA to develop a workplan, establish the priority of work and develop documentation standards for this effort.
- Understand the ‘As-Is’ data and integration environment for the HR Information System (HRIS) and ORG Datamart.
- Identify the system existing integrations within the HR ecosystem.
- Where integration definitions do not exist, or are otherwise unavailable, reverse engineer these definitions from relevant database schemas, stored procedures/views etc. and create the relevant ‘As Is’ Source to Target mapping document.
- In collaboration with Internal Project BSA and Business stakeholder, evaluate and document data ‘sensitivity’ level of the data on both the Source and Target side of the integration.
- Regularly to review and validate integration documentation.
Why our employees love working here:
- 6+ years’ experience with SQL Server including writing stored procedures, complex queries, views, functions, understanding schema, data modeling, and security requirements.
- Ability to understand data sources and data transformations as the majority of the integrations will need to be reverse engineered from the relevant stored procedures/views.
- Ability to use integration definitions (where available) and create ‘As Is’ Source to Target mapping documents for each integration.
- Decision Analysis and Modeling capabilities.
- Demonstrated expertise working diplomatically across disparate teams with varying levels of technology proficiency.
- Strong leadership to guide and/or drive to decisions in culture of consensus.
- Ability to work within ambiguity and drive forward with available information, highlighting open questions for follow-up or identifying showstoppers that impede all forward progress.
- Influencer of teams to make necessary changes to improve business processes.
- Experience with Lean Process Improvement preferred.
- Skilled meeting facilitation at all levels in the organization.
- Experience with O365 Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.).
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and as a Certified Minority-Owned Business (MBE) and a majority women-led firm, we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both daily.
From providing our employees the time to pursue company-sponsored certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations brought forth by our employees (such as Food Lifeline, United Way, and the Seattle Humane Society), we are proud to support both our fellow Pivotalites and the causes close to their hearts.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Four Core Values:
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
- Be Engaged – We are present, committed, and accountable to our clients and to each other
- Consistently Deliver – We are dedicated and reliable by consistently delivering excellence
- Always Better – We continuously evolve, inspired to drive beyond the everyday norm
- Do Happy – Be passionate and bring fun and creativity into everything you do
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Pivotal Consulting are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.