Business Systems Analyst – SQL Server/Reporting
Seattle, WA - (Contract/Remote)
Why clients choose Pivotal Consulting:
We are a technology management consulting firm helping Fortune 500 companies improve their performance – we specialize in making People, Process, and Technology work together! Our clients count on us to deliver excellence and seek our guidance on business and technology strategy, technology modernization, and cloud transformation initiatives. Simply put, by listening to our clients closely and focusing on delivering quality, we bring them peace of mind.
After guiding and helping numerous clients from global enterprises to mid-market firms to non-profit organizations – all of them repeat customers – we are starting 2021 with breakthrough growth!
The impact you will have:
As a relationship driven and customer focused professional, you will help us continue providing our clients with the quality of work that they have come to know us by.
Our Global Health Nonprofit Client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst – SQL Server/Reporting
to assist in the execution of the Human Resource department Data Systems Improvement initiative. You’ll be responsible for identifying and documenting our client’s existing portfolio of HR reports. This documentation will provide the basis for recreating those reports in any new HR solution and are a key component in the development of the HR Systems Roadmap.
What you will do:
What makes you a good fit:
- This role collaborates closely with the Internal Project BSA, the IT technical team and with business SMEs/stakeholders to implement quality HR systems that deliver business value.
- Partner with the Internal Project BSA to develop a workplan, establish the priority of work and develop documentation standards for this effort.
- Understand the ‘As-Is’ data and reporting environments for the HR Information System (HRIS) and ORG Datamart.
- Review existing Reports Inventory Log which captures ‘As-Is’ reports generated by the following HR systems:
- ORGPeople - Reporting Portal
- iVantage - HRIS
- SilkRoad - Talent Acquisition
- Avature - Talent Pipeline
- ORGWise - Learning Management
- Identify current report usage/generation, flag which reports are no longer used and should not be recreated, and identify a basic LOE (H,M,L) for report (re)creation (e.g., Easy-Difficult) and apply a forced stack rank which will lead to report creation prioritization.
- Validate key attributes noted on the Reports Inventory Log for each report (e.g. title, generating system, report owner, report purpose, display specifications, etc.).
- Identify and document (in collaboration with HR Business SME) ‘As-Is’ user access permissions for each report.
- Where report definitions do not exist, or are otherwise unavailable, reverse engineer these definitions from relevant database schemas, stored procedures/views etc.
- Evaluate and document data ‘sensitivity’ level of report data.
- Partner with the Internal Project BSA to regularly to review and validate report documentation.
Why our employees love working here:
- 10+ years’ experience with SQL Server including writing stored procedures, complex queries, views, functions, understanding schema, data modeling and security requirements.
- Experience as a Data Architect would be valuable, but not required.
- Solid understanding of SQL Server, as the data sources and data transformations for the majority of the reports will need to be reverse engineered from the relevant stored procedures and views.
- Decision Analysis and Modeling capabilities.
- Demonstrated expertise working diplomatically across disparate teams with varying levels of technology proficiency.
- Strong leadership to guide and/or drive to decisions in culture of consensus.
- Ability to work within ambiguity and drive forward with available information, highlighting open questions for follow-up or identifying showstoppers that impede all forward progress.
- Influencer of teams to make necessary changes to improve business processes.
- Experience with Lean Process Improvement preferred.
- Skilled meeting facilitation at all levels in the organization.
- Experience with O365 Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.).
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and as a Certified Minority-Owned Business (MBE) and a majority women-led firm, we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both daily.
From providing our employees the time to pursue company-sponsored certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations brought forth by our employees (such as Food Lifeline, United Way, and the Seattle Humane Society), we are proud to support both our fellow Pivotalites and the causes close to their hearts.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Four Core Values:
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
- Be Engaged – We are present, committed, and accountable to our clients and to each other
- Consistently Deliver – We are dedicated and reliable by consistently delivering excellence
- Always Better – We continuously evolve, inspired to drive beyond the everyday norm
- Do Happy – Be passionate and bring fun and creativity into everything you do
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Pivotal Consulting are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.