Business Systems Analyst
Seattle, WA - (Contract/Remote)
Why clients choose Pivotal Consulting:
We are a technology management consulting firm helping Fortune 500 companies improve their performance – we specialize in making People, Process, and Technology work together! Our clients count on us to deliver excellence and seek our guidance on business and technology strategy, technology modernization, and cloud transformation initiatives. Simply put, by listening to our clients closely and focusing on delivering quality, we bring them peace of mind.
After guiding and helping numerous clients from global enterprises to mid-market firms to non-profit organizations – all of them repeat customers – we are starting 2021 with breakthrough growth!
The impact you will have:
As a Business Systems Analyst
¸ you will assist in the execution of research systems & process initiative for the Research department. This initiative will bring disparate data collection and review processes into a centralized repository within our client’s Salesforce environment to improve operational efficiencies and compliance. The business systems analyst will help clarify and refine their requirements and develop the user stories needed to ensure that the technology solutions delivered meet the needs of the business.
This role collaborates closely with the IT technical team and business stakeholders to implement quality systems that deliver business value. This role also encompasses some light-weight project management related to the tasks to support requirements activities.
What you will do:
What makes you a good fit:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define business requirements and set expectations.
- Run requirements workshops with a small business team.
- Analysis and development of a requirements/decision matrix to document business rules.
- Define Data Dictionary deliverable (fields, term definitions, data types, logic, triggers, etc.)
- Collaborate with teams to recommend business process changes and technical solutions using LEAN techniques to serve the needs of a dynamic organization over the next several years.
- Coordinate, present and/or participate in business and technical reviews of the requirements deliverables, prototypes, and application pre-releases.
- Deep analysis and decision modeling of interdependencies between data elements and associated required processes and activities.
- Manage project scope, partnering with business and development staff to evaluate feasibility.
- Communicate and manage project status, scope, decisions, issues, and risks related to requirements elicitation efforts and timeline.
- Assist business team to define training materials and reference guides.
Why our employees love working here:
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience
- Preferred, but not required: experience with Nintex for process mapping and Salesforce.
- Ability to work within ambiguity to organize and drive forward with available information, highlighting open questions for later follow-up or identifying progress blockers.
- Experience with Lean Process Improvement preferred.
- Experience with O365 Microsoft Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Decision Analysis and Modeling capabilities; advanced analytic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated expertise working diplomatically across disparate teams with varying levels of technology proficiency.
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and as a Certified Minority-Owned Business (MBE) and a majority women-led firm, we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both daily.
From providing our employees the time to pursue company-sponsored certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations brought forth by our employees (such as Food Lifeline, United Way, and the Seattle Humane Society), we are proud to support both our fellow Pivotalites and the causes close to their hearts.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Four Core Values:
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
- Be Engaged – We are present, committed, and accountable to our clients and to each other
- Consistently Deliver – We are dedicated and reliable by consistently delivering excellence
- Always Better – We continuously evolve, inspired to drive beyond the everyday norm
- Do Happy – Be passionate and bring fun and creativity into everything you do
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Pivotal Consulting are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.