Business Systems Analyst / Business Analyst
Why clients choose Pivotal Consulting:
We are a technology management consulting firm helping Fortune 500 companies improve their performance – we specialize in making People, Process, and Technology work together! Our clients count on us to deliver excellence and seek our guidance on business and technology strategy, technology modernization, and cloud transformation initiatives. Simply put, by listening to our clients closely and focusing on delivering quality, we bring them peace of mind.
After guiding and helping numerous clients from global enterprises to mid-market firms to non-profit organizations – all of them repeat customers – we are starting 2021 with breakthrough growth!
The impact you will have:
As a relationship driven and customer focused professional, you will help us continue providing our clients with the quality of work that they have come to know us by.
work directly with clients to conduct business analysis, write business requirements, process flow maps, business use cases, functional specifications, and perform data and process modeling. Analysts will draw from project management experience and analysis expertise to continually identify areas for process improvement.
What you will do:
What makes you a good fit:
- Analyze, develop, and define recommendations pertaining to client business and technology projects.
- Perform As-Is, To-Be, gap analysis and recommendations for client engagements.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources:
- Reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish client requests from underlying needs.
- Full project life cycle from tracking technical deliverables, milestone completion, administration, and change management, to successful execution and completion.
- Prepare solutions with risk identification and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, etc.
- Manage multiple projects, accurately estimating work effort and managing client expectations.
- Delivers business requirement documents (BRD), functional specification documents (FSD), process flow maps, uses cases, implementation plans, and status reports.
Why our employees love working here:
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and as a Certified Minority-Owned Business (MBE) and a majority women-led firm, we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both daily.
- 5+ years of business systems analysis or business analysis experience.
- 1-3 years of experience within the professional services or consulting industry.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile/Scrum project methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer/business requirements into business solutions across multiple industries or functional areas.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and on-time delivery.
- Demonstrable skills in adaptability, teamwork, problem solving, group process facilitation, strategic planning, results orientation, planning, and team development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience and practical knowledge.
From providing our employees the time to pursue company-sponsored certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations brought forth by our employees (such as Food Lifeline, PATH, Treehouse, United Way, and the Seattle Humane Society), we are proud to support both our fellow Pivotalites and the causes close to their hearts.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Four Core Values:
Inclusion & equal opportunity employment:
- Be Engaged – We are present, committed, and accountable to our clients and to each other
- Consistently Deliver – We are dedicated and reliable by consistently delivering excellence
- Always Better – We continuously evolve and are inspired to drive beyond the everyday norm
- Do Happy – Be passionate and bring fun and creativity into everything you do
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Pivotal Consulting are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.