Program / Project Manager
Why clients choose Pivotal Consulting:
We are a technology management consulting firm helping Fortune 500 companies improve their performance – we specialize in making People, Process, and Technology work together! Our clients count on us to deliver excellence and seek our guidance on business and technology strategy, technology modernization, and cloud transformation initiatives. Simply put, by listening to our clients closely and focusing on delivering quality, we bring them peace of mind.
After guiding and helping numerous clients from global enterprises to mid-market firms to non-profit organizations – all of them repeat customers – we are starting 2021 with breakthrough growth!
The impact you will have:
As a relationship driven and customer focused professional, you will help us continue providing our clients with the quality of work that they have come to know us by.
Our Program & Project Managers
work closely with clients to define, prioritize, and achieve strategic project objectives. You will be responsible for keeping stakeholders informed, drive decision making, and spearheading critical business-technology initiatives.
What you will do:
What makes you a good fit:
- Lead and manage programs and projects, prepare and maintain project plans, charters, overviews, status reports, risk assessments, change requests, and resource requirements.
- Design, implement, and document client business processes, systems, analyses, and metrics aimed at continuous improvement.
- Manage a detailed project schedule and budget over multiple delivery periods.
- Manage project teams of various resources - company, client, and third-party resources - by providing leadership and work guidance across all phases of the project life cycle.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships across client organizations to perform consultative selling.
- Customize development methodology (Waterfall and/or Agile) to meet client needs.
- Guide change management and manage client expectations.
- Recommend and influence project direction and decisions in formal, tailored presentations to groups of key decision makers at the executive level.
Why our employees love working here:
- 7+ years working experience as a project manager in the consulting industry.
- Expertise in full project life cycle – requirements, scoping, managing, and delivering - service-oriented business process solutions and optimization.
- Experience with project metrics, including gathering, trend analysis, creation, and metrics reporting.
- Adept in MS SharePoint, Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Well-versed in Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Experience in business systems analysis and support in multiple industries or functional areas.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and identify and implement short, and long-term solutions.
- Preferred certifications: PMP, CSM, MPM, and/or Six Sigma.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and as a Certified Minority-Owned Business (MBE) and a majority women-led firm, we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both daily.
From providing our employees the time to pursue company-sponsored certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations brought forth by our employees (such as Food Lifeline, PATH, Treehouse, United Way, and the Seattle Humane Society), we are proud to support both our fellow Pivotalites and the causes close to their hearts.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Four Core Values:
Inclusion & equal opportunity employment:
- Be Engaged – We are present, committed, and accountable to our clients and to each other
- Consistently Deliver – We are dedicated and reliable by consistently delivering excellence
- Always Better – We continuously evolve and are inspired to drive beyond the everyday norm
- Do Happy – Be passionate and bring fun and creativity into everything you do
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Pivotal Consulting are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.