Are you a Technical Writer who has written user guides and self-service guides?
Do you have extensive experience interviewing a variety of sources for information and converting the information into documentation? Do you love gaming?
Then this job is for you!
Welcome to Pivotal Consulting!
We are a collection of Subject Matter Experts, committed to excellence, who have joined together to “Do Happy” in our careers and lives. We enjoy interesting and cutting-edge projects, profit sharing, and competitive pay. Most importantly, we believe in work-life balance and giving back to the community.
We are seeking a Technical Writer II, to join our growing team!
In this role you will work directly with our customer’s game support team and create a complex documentation set (i.e., reference guides, online help, user guides, and UI text). Additionally, you will review all existing articles to ensure accuracy and fluid tone. The role requires extensive interaction with multiple cross-functional teams, but you will work independently and be the sole source for writing these self-service guides.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Researches, designs, develops, and writes technical information online or in print for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Produces documentation that complies with documentation plan requirements.
- Obtains technical information from project developers, program managers, product managers, testers, and product support personnel, and converts specific feedback into documentation.
- Responds to editorial and reviewer feedback.
- Produces a significant portion of a complex documentation set (i.e., reference guides, online help, user guides, and UI text) that complies with documentation plan requirements.
- Develops and tests complex user scenarios that show how to use the product being documented.
- Works effectively with program management, product marketing, and other internal Microsoft customers as needed.
- May instruct others in writing styles (e.g., reference guides, user guides, solutions books, online).
- May write portions of documentation plan and may help implement documentation plan.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to combine technical expertise with technical communication skills is required.
- Must have demonstrated interest in, and knowledge of, broad but related areas of technology.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of a specified software product or must have the ability to learn specified technology quickly.
- May require an understanding of one or more major technologies, such as database design and development, networking, client/server applications, security, multimedia, or device drivers, etc.
- Must have excellent writing and analytical skills.
- The ability to work under deadline pressure is required.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to accomplish objectives that span multiple products or subject areas and possess proactive and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English, or related field preferred, but work-related experience may substitute for degree.
- 3-5 years of Technical Writing experience required.
- A portfolio and/or technical writing samples is required.
- Experience writing knowledge-based articles is preferred.
- Technical writing in a gaming environment is preferred.
- Must be eligible to permanently work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Visa services are not offered.
- A background check and drug test is required.
- Relocation is not offered. Local applicants only will be considered.
Pivotal Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law