Are you a Program/Product Manager with a background in gaming or web projects? Do you have a strong knowledge of Python, C++ and authentication APIs? Want to turn the world’s most popular video game into a educational tool?
Then this job is for you!
Welcome to Pivotal Consulting!
We are a collection of Subject Matter Experts, committed to excellence, who have joined together to “Do Happy” in our careers and lives. We enjoy interesting and cutting-edge projects, profit sharing, and competitive pay. Most importantly, we believe in work-life balance and giving back to the community.
We are seeking a Program (Product) Manager with experience in Gaming or Web projects to join our growing team!
In this role you will work directly with our client on one of the most popular video games of all time and turn the video game into a powerful education tool. This includes partnering across teams and stakeholders to understand and document requirements, goals, risks and schedule. Managing product features, roadmap and execution. Attending status meetings and communicating progress and achievement effectively. This role is a 6 to 18 month contract
. Work is normally done Monday-Friday at the client’s Redmond, WA campus. However, due to COVID-19, this role will start-off telecommuting.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Define project scope.
- Monitor project budget.
- Write product specs/requirements.
- Develop work-back plans/schedule.
- Identify dependencies/risks.
- Manage external development teams and their development roadmap.
- Execute scrum or scrum-like rituals.
- Ensure teams are using sound and accepted practices for taking in work requests.
- Provide reporting status to stakeholders.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge of Python, C++, and authentication APIs
- Experience defining product vision and requirements in close partnership with stakeholders in operations and design.
- Experience working with global teams, across multiple cultures and time zones
- Demonstrated excellence in cross-team collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to set a clear path and follow it despite obstacles
- Strong attention to details, analytical problem-solving and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Product Management or similar field, or equivalent work experience is required
- 5+ years software or web or gaming Program/Product Manager experience is required
- 3+ years’ experience executing against agile software development processes or similar is required
- Fluent in Mandarin is highly desired
- Experience with education programs and/or software is highly desired
- Must be eligible to permanently work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Visa services are not offered.
- A background check and drug test is required.
- Relocation is not offered. Local applicants only will be considered.
Pivotal Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law