Are you a Gaming Community Manager, who is local to Seattle and has 4+ years experience?
Are you looking for an opportunity that leverages your enthusiasm for gaming and communities? Have you always dreamed about joining a world-class gaming studio? Do you have an intense desire to help foster a community with whom customers love to engage?
Then this job is for you!
Welcome to Pivotal Consulting!
We are a collection of Subject Matter Experts, committed to excellence, who have joined together to “Do Happy” in our careers and lives. We enjoy interesting and cutting-edge projects, profit sharing, and competitive pay. Most importantly, we believe in work-life balance and giving back to the community.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer obsessed Gaming Community Manager
to drive and engage with our client’s racing franchise Community Forums and Discord. In this role you will have the chance to apply your creativity, communication and organization skills to organize and interact with our client’s community as well as create and run a variety of Community Engagement activities, for example community contests. You will work with other Community team members to create an engaging, consistent experience for our fans across this exciting racing franchise.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly organized, driven, and passionate Community Manager who loves the video game culture and can thrive in a constantly changing work environment. This is an 18 month contract and work will be done onsite at the client’s Redmond campus.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Drive and organize our client's communities Forums and Discord
- Plan, operate, and coordinate all community engagement initiatives
- Use data insights to develop and evolve community activities and tactics to support key objectives
- Add and maintain bots on Discord
- Ensure consistency in franchise tone of voice and personality across all community platforms
- Help foster a safe community environment supporting content moderation efforts
- Provide copy writing for various community-focused platforms forums, etc.
- Work closely with franchise Community Team, Marketing and other stakeholders to ensure alignment on communication and engagement goals across products and platforms
- Create and maintain documentation regarding community engagement activities and guidelines as necessary
- Create reports, including on community sentiment
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- In-depth knowledge of community platforms, especially forums and Discord
- Configuration and maintenance of 3rd party Discord bots
- Experience creating bots for discord is a plus
- Passion and skill in creating and executing creative community engagements (e.g. contests etc.)
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks to meet goals
- Awareness and understanding of gaming culture
- Experience with gaming communities
- Experience with community broadening and diversity initiatives is a plus
- Ability to work across internal teams and stakeholders as appropriate
- Conflict resolution- and de-escalation experience
- 4+ years of professional experience as community manager
- 2+ Experience with Discord, Forums and Discord bots
- 2+ years of copy writing
- A BA in Marketing or Communications is highly desired.
- Must be familiar with car and game cultures
- Familiarity with AAA Title games is preferred
- Ability to work independently in a multi-discipline environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be eligible to permanently work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Visa services are not offered.
- A background check and drug test is required.
- Relocation is not offered. Local applicants only will be considered.
Pivotal Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law