Power BI Consultant
(Contract Start: Early August)
Why clients choose Pivotal Consulting:
We are a technology management consulting firm helping Fortune 500 companies improve their performance – we specialize in making People, Process, and Technology work together! After guiding and helping numerous clients from global enterprises to mid-market firms to non-profit organizations – all of them repeat customers – we are starting 2021 with breakthrough growth!
The impact you will have:
As a relationship driven and customer focused professional, you will help us continue providing our clients with the quality of work that they have come to know us by.
In the role of a Power BI Consultant
, you’ll draw on your considerable experience in bringing data to life to solve sometimes complex problems while looking after several projects at once. You’ll design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You will ensure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be utilized for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
What you will do:
What makes you a good fit:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver Power BI solutions.
- Lead the Power BI architecture for projects with focus on right choice of visuals, Power BI datasets, cubes, DAX, data modelling and the like.
- Design and develop the dashboards and reports.
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using Power BI.
- Support consulting teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals.
- Lead the architecture conversation with stakeholders both within and outside the organization.
You're a Power BI designer who can find, store and present a range of information from disparate sources so that others can access what they need quickly, simply, and effectively. You're a client facing problem solver who's happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Why our employees love working here:
- You have deep experience using Power BI for on-premise, cloud deployments and Azure.
- You have experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information.
- You're able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting your team members.
- Some experience with Power Enterprise deployments.
- Able to design and develop dashboards as an individual contributor.
- Experience with Power BI Report Server, Power BI online and Embedded options.
- Understand Power BI licenses and how they work well enough to make recommendations.
- You have experience and understanding of database design and SQL and don't hesitate to roll up your sleeves to solve code related issues.
- Effort estimation in support of project delivery or pre-sales effort; experience in structured problem solving.
- You take a collaborative, thoughtful, solution-oriented, flexible, team first, positive approach.
- You're likely to have a bachelor’s degree and have several years of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and as a Certified Minority-Owned Business (MBE) and a majority women-led firm, we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both daily.
From providing our employees the time to pursue company-sponsored certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations brought forth by our employees (such as Food Lifeline, PATH, Treehouse, United Way, and the Seattle Humane Society), we are proud to support both our fellow Pivotalites and the causes close to their hearts.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Four Core Values:
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
- Be Engaged – We are present, committed, and accountable to our clients and to each other
- Consistently Deliver – We are dedicated and reliable by consistently delivering excellence
- Always Better – We continuously evolve, inspired to drive beyond the everyday norm
- Do Happy – Be passionate and bring fun and creativity into everything you do
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Pivotal Consulting are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.